Landscape Spotlights

What a fabulous collection of diverse landscapes we had this week.  To cut down on the number of possible spotlights I had chosen I ruled out a couple of favourites because they lacked the "extensive" aspect of the scenery which I feel should be part of a landscape shot.  That's me with my nitpicky hat on. 

I'm always aware of my personal bias when I'm doing the spotlights.  Water attracts me, I can't resist it, any image of water is bound to grab my attention.  I hadn't realized the river in Dawn Treader's home town was quite such a prominent feature.  It gives me a wonderful feeling of tranquility.


Christa's stream rushes, happily it seems to me, through her landscape.


 But despite my attraction to water, my top favourite this week is Barb's shot of her arid landscape.  I like how the trail entices me to explore further, the colours of the sign stand out just enough to catch my eye, and I can feel the welcome shade of that tree.  It's not a landscape I'd like to lose myself in but its beauty is undeniable.  


Our next weekly theme is Bridges 
What gets the people and vehicles across the divides in your town? Old, new or in between, as well as in disrepair, reclaimed by nature or sparkling new. Show us the bridges of your town - literal and metaphorical.

Our weekly spotlighter is Mersad



Friday My Town Shoot Out is a group blog kept going by wonderful volunteers who love the idea of sharing our home towns and visiting other places through images. We welcome you to participate in our weekly link-ups and/or get more involved as one of our volunteers. 

See you on Friday.
Pauline
(Thanks to Monica, Stewart and Peggy for letting me know the photos weren't showing.  I had the same problem last week.  Please leave a message if they still aren't there.)

Comments

  1. None of the pictures show up here for me? I'll check back later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - similar problem as DT above - I can't see your pictures.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures OK for me, thanks. I want to live by Christa's stream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to find this blog! I hope I will join "Friday my town shoot out". I am visiting you through Christa atCedarmereFarm.

    Greeting from Japan, Tomoko

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: