Spotlight Photos - Silhouettes


Has anyone noticed that we are all becoming better photographers over time?  

BUTLER: "Not to mention that you have finally learned to spell 'silhouette' without having to look it up."

Score one for the concept of lifelong learning.

It's great to see Doreen back! 

Doreen's romantic sunset

And two newcomers...at least they are new to me.  I apologize if they used to be weekly contributors in the past and I just wasn't paying close enough attention.  

(1) Barb's not-so-romantic cowboy nose

I was also impressed by Barb's interactive blog design where you can look at her pictures in a variety of ways.  I think Bagman is still playing with it.

(2) Suzy's light-dark-light-dark sunset


Plus some great shots from some of our most prolific contributors --

Pauline's Ponga Tree

Jama's Spectacular Spinners Shot

Ginger's Perfectly Framed Ocean
(She's even given it a digital matte!)

I really want to thank you all for allowing me to be your Spotlight Editor.  Getting to look at everyone's pictures every week; it's the best job in the world!

And next week we have "Gates and Fences".   So grab your cameras, saddle up, and let's all lift our voices and join Cole Porter in a rousing rendition of:

"Oh, give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride thru the wide-open country that I love
Don't fence me in
Let me be by myself in the evening breeze
Listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees
Send me off forever, but I ask you please
Don't fence me in"

BUTLER: "Excuse me, Mark, but that's the opposite of the theme.  If nobody was fenced in, there's be nothing to shoot."

"Yes," I reply, "but Mending Wall by Robert Frost is harder to dance to."
















Comments

  1. Love your selections and now, I'm dancing........ don't fence me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You picked my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still can't spell the S word, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clicked to comment because I wanted to say, No, we should be thanking you for choosing the Spotlight photos each week. It must be a hell of a job. Difficult, I mean.
    But, that darn "Don't fence me in" song has me chuckling at the memory of being at a funeral and as the coffin was slowly moving through the curtain towards the flames of the crematorium they played that song. And everyone in the room got the giggles and slowly we all realized everyone else was laughing and the whole room erupted into laughter. Needless to say Uncle Jack chose that song for himself and it was so typical of his humour! How will I ever get my mind back to fences with that image in my mind?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the nice intro. I appreciate it. The blogger template I'm using is one of their new 'dynamic' ones. It's an experiment at this point but it seems to be doing it's job.

    See you all again on Friday with some (hopefully) interesting fence shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for selecting mine. The others are awesome - good selection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: