Spotlight Photos - Paths, Steps, and Walkways

BUTLER:  "This is getting tougher and tougher.  Every week the shots get better and better.  And...

BAGMAN (singing at the top of his lungs):  "Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong!!"

BUTLER (ignoring Bagman):  And I've also been watching over time and so many of the regular participants have become so much better in quality, creativity, technique...we should tell them.

BAGMAN (still singing):  "On the road again!  I just can't wait to get on the road again!  The life I lover is making music with my friends..."

I cock my head, squint my eyes, and squinch up my nose at Butler, my expression for saying that I don't think that is such a good idea.   I'm leery sometimes about telling someone they've improved because they might think I didn't like their stuff in the first place.

BUTLER (reading my mind): "That's the dumbest thing you've said in a long time...we're all trying to improve and we all feel good when we do and when someone notices it."

BAGMAN (Louder):  "Six days on the road and I'm gonna make it home tonight!"

BUTLER: "Well, maybe not Bagman."

I notice the clock and decide I need to start posting the spotlights.  Actually the clock has nothing to do with it.  I was really noticing how much space I was wasting with dialogue before I posted the first spotlight.  

Royden Park by Scriptor Sinex
(Welcome back!  Overjoyed to see you on FMTSO again!)

Path to Rio by Ginger
(Happy Birthday, by the way...yesterday?)

BUTLER:  Interesting that the path in both these shots is a secondary focus to the background..."

"Not the next one," I reply.

Stairway to heaven by Dawn Treader
(I think I'd be out of breath by the time I got there.)

Path to Rest in Peace by Queenmother Mamaw

BUTLER: "Don't you think we should have posted some of the more lively pathways, with people in them -- like E.G. Wow's sledder, Kim's skateboarders, or Jama's couple under the arch?  Or Lena's long distance runner?  Or something really different -- like Mizzkay's fish swimway?

"What is it with you today, Butler?"  I ask.  "Is this your special day for making me doubt myself?"

BUTLER: "That's my job."

BAGMAN (dancing now as well as singing):  "Well, I'm running down the road trying to loosen my load, I've got seven women on my mind!"

J9's multiple paths
(I need a GPS to negotiate this one)

Kerry's snow path
(I can hear the show crunching underfoot)


So, as another Photo Spotlight draws to a close, I retire to contemplate and also to repaint the darn livingroom wall that I left all spotty when I did it the first time.  Going into the garage to get the paint can, the sounds of Bagman's musical dedication to this week's theme begin to fade.

BAGMAN: "Life is a highway...I want to ride it all night long."

And this Friday's theme is "Inviting Doors."   Have a ball and we'll all get together on the weekend. 





Comments

  1. You picked some good ones there - Ginger's is my out and out favourite. And how kind to welcome me back by picking one of mine! I've already got my doorways and it's only Tuesday. We've had sunshine this week, hooray. All I have to do is remember to post them and then remember to link it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good point about saying you love the improved photos. I think everyone is learning, and everyone has a topic that they really like and so take better photos. I read Rebecca's second post on making your camera work for you - I think I really love my point and shoot - see a moment, whip out the camera set on auto, snap the picture, move it to the computer....I know I am lazy.
    A big thanks to Rebecca for trying to make us better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We as usual I am reading this and checking for this week's theme. I have my camera with me all the time now and took GingerV's advice sometime back keep an extra pair of batteries. Thanks for putting up my photo. I truly have learned so much. I sang On the Road Again for the years I worked in home health visiting all the roads in three counties and I mean the back roads, all the nitty gritty rocky potty roads.

    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. So disappointed that I didn't get this theme done. I really hope I'm in next week...gotta get busy. Love these contributions for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thought of a topic today - would you put it on the list of coming attractions?
    Made by hand in your Hometown.
    can be anything from a dress maker to making bread to carving a marble statue - Better start watching now for raw talent in your town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for putting my name here ^_^ Right now I am here in San Antonio, Texas I would surely fin a very inviting door. Love to start it from Alamo? ^_^ It's sunny here and loving the weather comparing to Michigan (of course) ^_^ After three or four days I am going to sing "on the road again" and "country road take me home"....and that thing is these two songs are stuck in my mind now hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: